Cream-less Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
An extra creamy Butternut Squash Pasta that’s actually cream-less! With sage, nutmeg and bit of crushed pepper, its got the all the fall flavor plus a hint of spice - the perfect Vegan comfort food.
This pasta was so good, but it also made me SO SAD!
Why? Because I was using the one butternut squash I had from last Fall as part of my “weights” when doing squats.
I’ve basically filled up my gym duffel bag with flours, potatoes and what not and use that for squats during my home workouts.
Part of my quarantine home gym, haha.
I still need to go find some alternatives, but that loss was totally worth it.
This pasta is beauty!
- 4 Cups
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 12 Minutes|Total time: 17 Minutes
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in pot, add butternut squash and boil until tender and easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Reserve 3-4 tablespoons liquid, drain and let sit 5-7 minutes to cool.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat, add onion and garlic and fry until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer butternut squash, onion-garlic mix, almond milk, broth, sage, nutmeg and red pepper flakes to a blender (or food processor). Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add a tablespoon of broth if sauce is too thick.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in pot, add pasta, and cook for about 10 minutes (according to package instructions). Drain.
- Add sauce, stir to coat well and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve hot!
- Storage: In an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go