Baked Hot Coconut Shrimp With Maple-Mustard Dipping Sauce
Hot and Spicy Baked Coconut Shrimp paired with a sweet Maple-Mustard Dipping Sauce. A Paleo and Keto friendly appetizer that’s just as crispy and crunchy as the deep fried version, but actually healthy!
Fun fact: I bought the bag of shrimp I used for the recipe 9 months ago. Yes, that long!
I was starting to have a shrimp phase back then, but this one night I used way too much ginger in the recipe and ended up just cringing at the thought of shrimp in general.
And then I kept getting hooked on one thing after the other and that bag remained in the freezer.
But now I just moved to a new apartment so I wanted to finish off as much of my frozen food as I could before this happened, and the phase (forcefully at first) came back. And that too with quite a bang!
- 25 Pieces
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread shredded coconut on baking sheet and toast for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or grease with cooking spray).
- Wash and pat-dry shrimp with paper towels.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together coconut flour, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Prepare workstation with 3 bowls: Whisked eggs, coconut flour mix, and shredded coconut.
- Holding shrimp by tail, dredge in coconut flour mixture, dip in egg, and press on shredded coconut. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray with cooking oil and bake for 18-20 minutes or until shrimp is bright pink and no longer transparent on the inside, and coating has turned brown.
Make Dip and Serve:
- Stir together the yogurt, mustard and maple syrup in a small bowl until combined.
- Dip shrimp in dip and enjoy!
- Storage: Fridge: In an airtight container for 2-3 days. Bake at 350°F for 5-7 minutes to reheat. Freeze: Place on baking sheet and let freeze individually. Transfer to freezer safe bag. Bake at 400°F for 5-7 minutes to reheat.
- Make Ahead: Freeze: After breading, place on baking sheet and let freeze individually. Transfer to freezer safe bag, and bake for 25 minutes straight out of freezer.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go