Espresso Tahini Protein Energy Balls
Get your caffeine kick with a protein boost with these Espresso Tahini Protein Energy Balls. A quick, easy and delicious no bake recipe that’s great for a pre-workout snack or even dessert!
I made these energy balls at 1am because I’m a huge coffee-tahini fan and was way excited for the recipe. Literally scraped every last bit of the (Whole Foods) Tahini I had left in my jar.
To my luck it was EXACTLY how much I needed, but since I needed my stock back, and the WF was 20 minutes away, I unintentionally had a “find-the-best-tahini” quest.
Made a trip to Sprouts - closest store - first thing next morning to get some. Came home and tried it. Such a disappointment.
Got a recommendation for the Trader Joe’s one after posting to my Insta story, and drove there at 8:30pm - 30 mins before closing - just to try some of that. Opened the jar in my car itself to test it out. What a heavenly creation!
So I went back to Sprouts on the way home, and actually returned that first jar!
Verdict: TJ’s >> WF >>>>>>> Sprouts! (This is just for the Tahini though, Peanut Butter is a whole other story)
- 15 Pieces
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- Place oats in a small food processor until it gets a rough flour-like consistency.
- In small bowl, stir together instant coffee and milk until coffee has dissolved; Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients: coffee-mix, tahini, oats, protein powder, flaxseed meal, and sesame seeds. Stir to combine well. If mixture is too dry, add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of mixture at a time and roll into balls using the palm of your hands.
- Store in the fridge or freeze in a sealed container until ready to eat!
- Storage: Fridge: 2 weeks in an airtight container. Freezer: 3 months in a freezer-safe resealable zipper bag.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go