Baked Chimichurri Chicken Kebabs
Baked Chimichurri Chicken Kebabs: Skewers of juicy chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms slathered in a tangy, herby Argentinian sauce. This fresh and flavorful recipe will surely be one of your dinner regulars!
For some reason my last kebab post did really well, so I decided to go for another one. There were a couple of ideas I had in mind, but I kinda really wanted to make some Chimmichuri, so I just combined both those recipes in here.
So I know the popular way to go is Chimmichuri and Steak, but chicken was all I had on hand, so let’s just go with it.
Using chicken breast for these kebabs also makes them quite a bit healthy coz it cuts down on the saturated animal fat that’s in your typical steak. So the only real “fat” in these skewers comes from the oil in the chimichurri sauce - go for a good quality there and you’re golden!
Who doesn’t love a healthier version when possible right?
- 6 Pieces
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 23 Minutes|Total time: 28 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a baking sheet - use a grill rack if available.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes. This is needed to prevent them from burning. Dice chicken, bell peppers and onion into 1” pieces and lightly spray with cooking spray/toss with oil.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes. This is needed to prevent them from burning.
- Dice chicken, bell peppers and onion into 1” pieces and lightly spray with cooking spray/toss with oil.
- In a bowl, stir together ingredients for the sauce: cilantro, parsley, olive/avocado oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper and salt - makes about ½ cup.
Cook & Serve:
- In a large bowl, add chicken, 2 Tbsp Chimichurri Sauce and salt, and toss to coat well.
- Thread a combination of about 5-6 pieces of chicken, red and yellow peppers, onions and mushrooms on skewers.
- Place skewers on sheet and bake for about 23 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve hot with remaining chimichurri.
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go