Banana Protein Baked Oatmeal Bars
Bake a batch of these soft and chewy Banana Protein Baked Oatmeal Bars with all the sweet flavor of protein bar without fat or added sugar! The perfect high protein breakfast, snack or post workout meal.These bars are kinda like a cross between baked oats and a protein bar. They’re basically oatmeal that’s baked in the oven, but has protein powder and egg whites in it for a protein bump!Kill 2 birds with one stone I guess!Another reason I really liked these is coz they’re freezer-friendly. This was actually the first time I actually froze some of my meal-prep snacks/breakfast add-ons.I usually just eat them in like 2-3 days, but these went on for week!
- 6 Pieces
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and grease and line a 7" x 5" oven-safe dish or loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed banana, almond milk, egg whites and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and whisk lightly to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and flatten with back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes until center is set.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely, slice, and enjoy!
- Storage: Fridge: 5 days in an airtight glass container. Reheat in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes, or microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until warmed through. Freezer: 3-4 weeks individually wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer bag, or in an airtight container.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go