Perfect with avocado and fresh fruit!
Breakfast Croissant Bake
Have you ever wanted to have that great brunch breakfast but without the hassle of getting ready and waiting for an open table while the hanger sets in? Well I have the perfect breakfast or brunch dish for you -this Breakfast Croissant Bake is delicious, quick and will transport you to your favorite brunch spot!
Now picture a layer of flaky croissants topped with cheddar cheese, fluffy eggs, and you favorite breakfast sausage or bacon topped with another flaky layer of croissants. Top that off with some avocado and a side of fresh fruit and you've got yourself the perfect plate!
I made this for my family and it was more than well received by all! I'm vegetarian so I used Gardein Breakfast Sausage Patties but feel free to use your favorite breakfast meat/protein in its place!
Find more recipes at www.sweetescapekitchen.com
More inspo on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_sweetescapekitchen/
First layer on your cheese and breakfast sausage!
After adding your whisked eggs and more cheese, add your final croissant layer on top! The edges do not have to be touching.
This will bake to a nice golden brown color!
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Preaheat the oven to 375F and have an 8x8 square pan ready.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and take 4 of the crescents and place at the bottom of your baking dish, ensuring the bottom is all covered. The crescent rolls should all be connected. Push the dough up to the sides about 1/2 inch up the side of the baking dish.
- Brown you sausage patties or bacon. Make sure they are fully cooked.
- While the sausage/bacon cooks, whisk your eggs, milk and salt and pepper.
- Add half of your cheddar cheese on top of the layer of dough.
- Crumble up your sausage/bacon after it is cooked and layer on top of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage. Top with remaining cheese.
- Top with the remaining crescent rolls. This layer of crescent rolls does not have to be fully connected (reference pictures above).
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and enjoy! Serve with fresh avocado, fruit, or with any of your other favorite brunch delights!
- Can be prepped ahead of time and warmed up in the oven at 300 for 15 minutes!