Vegan Pasta Salad With Creamy Nut Butter Sauce
Gorgeous Vegan Pasta Salad packed with fresh broccoli, zucchini and peppers, tossed in a Creamy Nut Butter or Tahini Sauce. This easy vegetarian pasta salad is perfect for a meal prep lunch or summer potluck.
I’d been trying to find a savory pasta recipe that uses nut butter for a bit now, but pretty much everything that showed up was either a cashew-based hot pasta or an Asian inspired recipe with Peanut Butter.
But since it’s summer right now, I really wanted a cold pasta salad.
Gave up after like 30 minutes of Googling, played around with some ingredients and just created my own dressing. The key? Nut Butter!
I used a cashew-macadamia blend, a simple cashew or macadamia nut butter (or even tahini) will do, stirred it with some yogurt, lemon juice, jalapeno and some seasonings, and the wonder pasta sauce came to be!
Creamy, nutty and just so delicious! I borderline just wanted to eat the dressing by itself instead of tossing it with the actual pasta and vegetables!
- 6 Cups
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in pot, add pasta, and cook for about 10 minutes (according to package instructions). Drain and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 2 minutes until tender. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add pasta, zucchini, bell peppers, peas and onions to the broccoli.
- In a small bowl combine ingredients for the dressing: yogurt, nut butter, water, lemon juice, garlic, jalapeno and Italian seasoning. Season with salt to taste.
- Add dressing to pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate about 45 minutes - 1 hour before serving.
- Make upto 2 days in advance, but add dressing the day of serving. Store in the refrigerator.
- Servings: 6 cups | Serving size: 2 cups Calories: 229kcal Fat: 5.4g | Saturated fat: 0.6g Carbohydrates: 36.5g | Fiber: 6.8g | Sugar: 5.7g Protein: 10.1g
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go