These chicken prawn toasts are a cheaper alternative to sesame prawn toasts.
Sesame Chicken Prawn Toasts
These sesame chicken toasts are a great addition to a Chinese meal and a perfect alternative to the classic sesame prawn toasts for those who don't like seafood. They are also a lot cheaper to make but you could replace the chicken with raw King Prawns if preferred, but reduce the frying time by a few minutes.
Serve alongside other homemade Chinese dishes for a full "fakeaway" experience, or serve as a party snack! Either way, these little toasts are incredibly moreish and are sure to be a hit with any dinner guests.
A great accompaniment to Chinese food or served as a party snack.
First, a chicken mince paste is blended with herbs and spices.
It is then spread into sliced bread and dipped into sesame seeds.
Cut into triangles.
And shallow fried until crispy.
- 24 Pieces
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
For the Chicken Paste
For the toasts
- Place the chicken breasts in a food processor to chop up finely to a mince-like texture.
- Add all of the remaining chicken paste ingredients to the food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
- Spread the chicken paste onto a slice of bread evenly, ensuring the full slice of bread is covered.
- Mix both coloured sesame seeds together and spread out on a plate.
- Dip the slice of bread chicken side down, into the sesame seeds, ensuring the chicken is well covered by the seeds. Repeat with the other slices.
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan until hot.
- While the oil is heating, slice the bread diagonally into 4 triangles.
- Add the bread triangles, chicken side down into the oil and fry for 5 mins.
- Flip the bread over and cook on the other side for 2 mins.
- Drain on some kitchen paper and serve.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go