Chicken Fried Quinoa
Bring your taste buds along for a magic quinoa ride!
Leftover quinoa is always plentiful in our house, and that's why we need to keep finding some inventive ways to doctor it up. Check out this Chicken Fried Quinoa, a take on chicken fried rice, that does not disappoint. Throw in your leftover quinoa, frozen veggies, and make it even faster with meal prepped chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken from the fridge. It still has that beautiful umami flavour, crunchy veg, fluffy grain, and will make you want to fill your plate two or three times.
Full recipe is also on our cooklybookly website!
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Chop all vegetables (onion, carrot, cabbage, and mushrooms)
- Heat up olive oil or medium high heat in a large saute pan.
- Saute chopped onion for a few minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add in diced carrot, followed by purple cabbage, and mushrooms and saute until mostly tender.
- Add in leftover quinoa and stir to combine.
- Add in frozen peas and corn and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of pan to add whisked eggs. Stir until scrambled.
- When eggs are cooked, mix to combine
- Add in diced chicken breast and mix to combine
- Mix in soy sauce, hoisin, and sesame oil.
- Garnish with scallions, sriracha, and extra hoisin if preferred
- Chicken breast can be cooked with sous vide, instant pot, or in the oven! Feel free to use leftover rotisserie chicken to make this a super fast dinner!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go