Banana Bread Freezer Protein Balls
No bake Banana Bread Freezer Protein Balls that taste just like your favorite breakfast loaf, but ready in 15 minutes, and that too with a protein boost! Made with collagen and peanut butter powder, its a low fat treat that’s perfect post-workout or as a snack.
I think the only thing better than banana bread is something that tastes just like it, but doesn’t need that hour long baking time.
These literally took me just 15 minutes start to end.
I got really into the whole bite-sized protein snacks thing after those espresso tahini balls recently. So when I saw one of my waiting-to-get-ripe bananas was all done, I remembered seeing a recipe for banana freezer cookies a while ago.
Amped it up and made this healthy, low fat, protein packed and nutrient rich version instead!
- 16 Pieces
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- In a large bowl, roughly mash banana with the back of a fork.
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds or until oats turn into a rough flour-like consistency.
- Transfer oat flour to bowl and add remaining ingredients - coconut flour, peanut butter powder, collagen powder, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon if using. Stir to combine, the mixture will be soft and sticky.
- Spoon out about a tablespoon of mixture at a time and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. You should have about 16.
- Place sheet in freezer for about 10 minutes until slightly hardened. Roll each lump of mixture into balls using hands; Lightly grease hands with coconut oil to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Optionally roll in cocoa powder, shredded coconut, chopped nuts or other fine toppings.
- Freeze in a sealed container until ready to eat!
- To replace Peanut Butter Powder: - 2 Tbsp creamy Peanut Butter, and omit the water. Nutritional value will be different (higher in calories and fat). - Use Powdered Almond Butter or Creamy regular Almond Butter (no water).
- To replace unflavored collagen: - 1 scoop Unflavored Protein Powder - 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder, but leave out the extract and add maple syrup only if needed
- The mixture will be soft and sticky, so placing it in the freezer is required to make it rollable.
- Be sure to grease hands before rolling or the dough will stick to your hands.
- Store in freezer: 3 months in a freezer-safe resealable zipper bag or airtight container.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go