Curry-Spiced Cauliflower Chickpea Burgers
Easy to assemble and delicious, these Curry Spiced Cauliflower Chickpea Burgers are loaded with nutrition and packed with flavor! A perfect Vegan and Gluten-free meal for a night in or meal prep lunch.
I think I’m now over a month in on my “falafels and burgers for lunch every day” thing. This is probably the longest one of my phases have lasted - no jokes!
I guess I really can’t help it - and don’t want to either.
Why? Coz I’m finding ways to sneak veggies into all these recipes and hitting my fiber and veggie goals while only tasting deliciousness. Win-win for sure!
These healthy curry vegan curry vegetable burgers are made with chickpeas and oats so there’s no black beans, no mushrooms, no bread crumbs, no soy either - just the best curried vegetarian entree out there.
- 8 Pieces
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drain canned or cooked beans/chickpeas until completely dry.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor and until ground into large “rice” grains (or use a large-hole grater).
- Chop onions, cilantro, garlic and ginger very finely, or use a food processor.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water and let rest about 10 minutes to form a gel-like consistency.
- Heat oil on a medium nonstick skillet, add cauliflower rice, spices (curry powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper), salt and pepper and cook until cauliflower is tender. Toss frequently. Transfer to bowl and let cool completely (place in a freezer for 10 minutes if needed).
- In a large bowl, add drained, dried beans and mash well with a fork or potato masher leaving only a few whole beans.
- Add cooked cauliflower, chopped vegetables, flax eggs and oats, and mix until combined. Let rest for about 10 minutes (This is required so that the mixture gets thick and isn’t to runny).
- Divide the mixture into 8 parts.
- Shape burgers: Line a 1-cup measuring cup with plastic wrap, add a portion of the burger mix and press down to pack. Lift out of cup with lining edge, and transfer to baking sheet. OR Use slightly wet/greased hands and and shape into ¾” thick patties.
Cook & Assemble
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until light brown and. Allow to cool before removing from pan, or they will be soft. OR Heat a skillet or grill over medium, grease well with olive oil or spray and cook burgers for 4-5 minutes each side (8-12 minutes total).
- Assemble burger between toasted buns with greens, onion, tomato, and any desired toppings!
- Make sure beans are completely dried or the burgers wont hold.
- Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes before shaping them so that the oats absorb as much moisture as possible. This is required or the mix will be too runny to hold.
- Lightly oil your hands when shaping patties if using hands and they are too dry.
- To replace flax eggs, use 2 real eggs.
- To replace instant oats: Use bread crumbs Use rolled oats and pulse in the food processor a few times so they tear up (don’t let them turn into flour).
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go