Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
My all time favourite banana bread recipe!!
I have perfected this chocolate chip banana bread recipe during quarantine, and I am so excited to share it with you.
This recipe contains a few key steps...
Adding both butter & oil
- This makes the bread incredibly moist and delicious.
Adding 1/4 cup of sour cream
- I know it sounds weird to add sour cream to banana bread, but trust me - it is a game changer! Adding sour cream will give the bread that 'melt in your mouth' feeling that we are all after.
As always, if you ever make any of my recipes, I would love to see your recreations! You can send them to me on Instagram or tag me if you post it on your feed!! My instagram is @glimpse_of_gab
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 55 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash or blend your 3 bananas.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, butter, oil and sugar.
- To the same bowl add in the 2 eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Mix well until smooth.
- Slowly stir in your flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan.
- For extra sweetness, top your loaf with some more chocolate chip and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes depending on your oven. (Mine usually takes around 60 minutes)
- Let bread cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- If you are worried about the outer layer of your bread burning before the inside is cooked - cover with foil halfway through the baking process to prevent this.