This beef in black bean sauce is quick to make and great for large family meals.
Beef in Black Bean Sauce
A classic Chinese favourite, this beef and black bean sauce recipe is so much better than a takeaway version and lower in salt and calories too!
What's more, it can be thrown together really quickly, making it the perfect dish to serve as part of a larger Chinese style banquet or just as a main meal if you're short on time after work!
Tender pieces of rump steak are stir fried before being cooked in a rich, earthy sauce made of black bean and oyster sauce. The dish also features red and green peppers that are quickly stir fried to retain their texture.
This dish is perfect served with fresh egg noodles or egg fried rice.
Tender pieces of beef steak are pan fried.
The steak is then cooked in a sauce flavoured with garlic, black bean paste, rice wine and oyster sauce.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large wok and add the beef.
- Stir fry the beef until well browned, then remove and set aside.
- Heat the other tbsp of oil and add the ginger and garlic, then stir fry for 1 minute until softened.
- Add the orange zest and stir fry for 40 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chilli and black beans and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the spring onions and bell peppers and stir fry for 5 minutes until the peppers have softened slightly.
- Add the black bean paste, oyster sauce, water and sugar and stir well.
- Stir in the cooked beef.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes to allow the beef to warm through.
- Stir in cornflour mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Finish with a drizzle of sesame oil.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go