This garlic chicken piccata looks so elegant on the plate and is packed with a garlicky, citrus flavour.
Garlic Chicken Piccata
This is a great chicken recipe if you're short on time and want something that packs a lot of flavour.
Piccata is a classic Italian dish and this recipe has been adapted to include garlic... Because who doesn't love garlic?
The chicken is golden brown, coated in a mixture of flour and cheese and cooked in olive oil & butter. The garlicky, lemony, butter sauce is laced with salty capers and the freshness of parsley (to offset that garlic breath!).
This dish is great served with roasted or sautéed potatoes, pasta such as tagliatelle or even just a simple side salad, all washed down with a cold glass of pinot grigio, of course!
The chicken breasts are so golden in colour because they are coated in flour and cheese before being pan fried in a mixture of butter and oil.
They are then added to a sauce made of garlic, white wine and lemon juice.
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the flour and parmesan together.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture until it is well coated, shaking off any excess.
- In a shallow pan, heat 1 tbsp of the butter and the olive oil until the butter has melted.
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and stir fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan and cook for 1 minute until the wine has almost completely evaporated.
- Add the stock, lemon juice and capers and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and season well with salt and pepper. Stir well until the butter has melted.
- Return the chicken to the pan, coat in the sauce and simmer for 3 minutes to warm the chicken through.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go