Shrimp and Veggie Skewers With Chimichurri
Everything tastes better on a stick!
These Shrimp & Veggie Skewers with Chimichurri were to die for, and super easy to make! There's just something fun about taking a few mins to prep all your veggies and meats to kebab-ify them. One thing we have noticed time and time again is that separating the veggies from the meat gives you WAY more control over cook times. First, we made some chimichurri sauce, South American fresh herb salsa, to marinate the shrimp with. Next we grilled up the veggies, and then cranked up the heat for the shrimp, keeping them nice and juicy with a little crisp. Plating it all up, we topped the skewers with the reserved chimichurri which was the glue that brought this dish from basic to bodacious!
Go get grilling!
This full recipe can also be found on our cooklybookly website.
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Soak approximately 14-16 wooden skewers (6-8 for shrimp, 8-10 for veggies) in water for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Prepare Chimichurri Sauce- in a medium bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, thyme, garlic, oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Toss about 3 tbsps of chimichurri with the prepared shrimp in a bowl. Let marinade for at least 15 minutes or longer chilled in the fridge. Reserve leftover marinade for serving.
- Prepare the vegetables for the skewers. Chop into about 1½ in pieces. Toss in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Skewer the vegetables onto the soaked skewers by alternating between red onion, zucchini, and the different colored bell pepper.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Once hot, add skewers and grill for approximately 8-10 minutes per side, or until vegetables are browned and tender. (Turn frequently for even cooking) Take veggies off the heat and drizzle with balsamic if using.
- While veggie skewers are cooking, skewer the shrimp.
- Turn grill up to medium-high heat. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes a side until opaque, pink and tails are curled.
- Serve shrimp and veggies with extra chimichurri sauce.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go