You want to begin by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is warming up gather the required ingredients and wash the vegetables.
Lemon Pesto and Roasted Vegetable Pasta
This super easy and delicious pasta dish is the perfect way to use up all of those summer veggies from the garden. It can be made and on the table in under 20 minutes and is certain to be a crowd pleaser!
Once your vegetables are all washed roughly chop them and arrange them on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the tray in the oven, and you can now put your pasta on to boil.
While your vegetables and pasta are cooking it is time to make the pesto sauce. In a separate bowl mix together 1/3 cup pesto and the zest and juice of one lemon.
When the pasta is done cooking drain it and put it back in the pot. Pour the lemon pesto mixture over the pasta and give it a good stir to ensure that everything is mixed evenly.
The vegetables should now be perfectly roasted and can be taken out of the oven. Look at all of those gorgeous colours!
To finish off this beautiful dish simply crumble the feta cheese over the pasta and add in the roasted veggies. Give it a gentle stir and you are ready to serve!
Top with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy your meal! This dish pairs really well as a side with roasted chicken or shrimp, but is equally as delicious on its own. It is sure to have you going back for seconds!
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
For the sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash, roughly chop veggies, and arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven.
- Put the pasta on to boil.
- In a separate bowl mix together 1/3 cup pesto, and the zest and juice of one lemon.
- When the pasta is done cooking drain and put it back in the pot. Combine the pasta with the lemon pesto mixture.
- Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and add it to the pasta along with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Plate your pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese to taste.