Enjoying iced hot chocolate out on the deck.
Iced Hot Chocolate
My kids love hot chocolate and they drink it almost year round. The months of July and August are usually too hot to drink it. This year, after seeing all the iced coffee recipes popping up, we decided to try iced hot chocolate. We mixed up this quick recipe.
The ingredients you’ll need. It’s pretty quick and easy.
Drizzling the chocolate syrup into the glass! This adds extra chocolate but also adds to the presentation. My kids call it their fancy drink.
Let the drizzle drip down to the bottom of the cup as you prepare the cocoa powder mix.
We used this little drink whisk to mix the cocoa powder. We mix it up in a different glass or bowl.
Add the milk and enjoy this yummy treat on a hot afternoon.
- 1 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
What you’ll need:
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on the inside of the glass you will be drinking from.
- In a separate bowl or cup, mix cocoa powder, sugar and 1-2 Tablespoons of milk or water. Stirring with a spoon or whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add ice cubes to the chocolate drizzled glass, then pour the cocoa mixture over the ice. Add the remaining milk and give a quick stir and it’s ready to serve.
- If we have whipped cream on hand we add a dollop on top. And then drizzle a little more chocolate syrup over the cream.
- Sometimes the sugar is a little grainy. You can microwave the mixture for about 10 seconds to help melt the sugar crystals before pouring over top of the ice.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go