Check out the recipe video on my YouTube!
Tom Yum Gai Soup
Whether it is cold or hot outside, soup is always a comforting meal to have. This easy Thai Hot and Sour Soup, or better known as Tom Yum Gai Soup can be made in One Pot and in 30 minutes! The soup looks complex when looking at it, however, it is super easy to make. Is it safe to say I consider this a Dump and Go soup recipe? I love that most of these ingredients can be switched out for other ingredients that you may have in your fridge. I love Thai Soup, especially when it's an easy tom yum soup to make. For the essential ingredients, I have listed the links down below if you are interested in giving this Thai Hot and Sour Soup with Shrimp a try. This soup is also gluten-free.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- In a medium pot, bring it to a medium high heat and add coconut oil or olive oil.
- Then add the diced shallots, sliced portabello mushrooms, salt, thai chili (optional), minced garlic, lemongrass, green onions and ginger.
- Once the ingredients cook a little, add the green beans, bamboo shoots, chicken broth, red curry paste, fish sauce, garlic powder (optional), lime juice and tomatoes.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- This part is optional* If you would like to add some rice noodles to the dish, this Maifun brand that I used, add the noodles to a bowl of hot water and let it soak for about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp into the soup. You can also substitute for tofu, chicken or beef. Cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for about another 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
- Add the noodles to a serving bowl, then add the soup. Enjoy!
- I would recommend to take out the lemongrass before serving as it is very tough to chew.
- This can last up to 3-4 days in a tightly sealed container.
- If you decide to add rice noodles, I recommend to store it separately from the soup so the rice noodles don't get soggy.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go