Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Caramelized Onion and Spinach Pesto
This my friends is a grilled cheese extraordinaire - comforting as it is elegant and down to earth as it is glamorous! Sourdough slices lathered in a creamy and garlicky butter, layered inside with smooth jalapeño Havarti, sharp cheddar cheese, sweet spiced caramelized onions, fresh spinach pesto - and toasted in the skillet to a rich golden colour. The crispy bread, the hot cheese oozing out, the ultra-flavourful pesto - it’s sheer comfort food served gourmet style!
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
FOR THE SPINACH PESTO
FOR THE SANDWICH
For the pesto
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, pulse until smooth. Set aside.
For the onions
- Heat 2tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions until soft and translucent.
- Season with sea salt and chili flakes, cook until browned.
To assemble the sandwich
- Combine garlic and butter. Spread garlic butter on the outside of each pair of bread slices. On the inside, layer cheese, onions, and pesto.
- Toast sandwich in skillet for 4-5min on each side, or until golden.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go