Start by layering the tortillas as shown on a sheet pan.
Baked Sheet Pan Quesadilla
Baked sheet pan quesadilla it is such a good idea to feed a crowd. It is much faster and easier than making single ones. I love sheet pan meals for the biggest reason that you don't have a hundred pans around the kitchen that need to be washed.If you have leftover meat you can prep this recipe in 10 minutes, bake in 20, and dinner is ready in no time. For the filling feel free to use any leftover meat or make it completely vegetarian. Add black beans, bell peppers, corn, mushrooms, avocados, you name it. Serve with pico de gallo salsa, sour cream, or guacamole. I served mine with my fresh grilled corn on the cob salsa and sour cream. It feels like summer!
Put one layer of filling
One layer of cheese
Fold the tortillas as shown
Put another sheet pan on top and a heavy weight such as cast iron
Bake on preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
For the filling
- Start by browning the ground beef on a pan with olive oil
- Add diced onion, garlic, keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomato, taco seasoning, 1/2 cup of water, and let it cook until all the liquids reduces.
For the quesadilla
- Start by layering 6 tortillas on a sheet pan
- Put a layer of filling
- Add a layer of cheese
- Lay 2 more tortillas on top of the filling and then fold the edges of the bottom tortillas over the top 2 (as shown above)
- Put another sheet pan on top and a heavy weight such as cast iron
- Bake on preheated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes
- Make filling one day ahead to have it ready for a busy weeknight. Use leftover chicken, steak, pork whatever you have handy.
- Add you r favorite toppings, avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, cotija cheese, sour cream, jalapeno.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go