I LOVE banana bread. Seriously, I'm a banana bread fiend! I literally never buy bananas to eat fresh, I just let them rot on my counter until they reach that dark brown stage, just before they get moldy. They need to be ooey gooey and smell strongly of banana for me to put them to use. So for this recipe you really need to plan ahead. I've found that my bananas tend to be ready around 2 weeks after I buy them. Any sooner than that and you won't get the strong banana flavor that this cake is known for.
- 2 Pieces
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 360F.
- Grease the cake pans.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Pour into cake pans and bake for 40 minutes.
- I have replaced the butter with applesauce in this recipe with moderate success. It may make it a bit crumbly.
- Feel free to add in nuts or chocolate chips, or sliced bananas on top if you feel so inclined.
- Sometimes I add a few teaspoons of cinnamon for an added kick.