On this weeks ellacartemenu we have this unbelievably tasty Mushroom Ramen, the base is vegetarian but can easily be made meaty by adding chicken or whatever takes your fancy!
The dried mushrooms give this dish an amazing umami flavour, they add depth and go hand in hand with the sweet and saltiness of the miso.
I hope you enjoy this dish and please don’t forget to tag ellacartefood on Instagram if you recreate it!
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
For the broth:
- Place the noodles in tap water and allow to soften for 10-15 minutes.
- Fry off the shallots and ginger on a medium / high heat until they begin to turn translucent, then add the garlic and miso paste.
- Slowly pour in the stock and stir, bring to a gentle simmer then add the dried mushrooms and their soaking water.
- Whilst the broth is simmering, pop the egg in and soft boil for 6 minutes - then place straight under running water to stop the cooking process.
- Add the kale to the stock and allow to wilt. Gently place the Pak Choi on top and put the lid on. Meanwhile, peel the egg and slice in half.
- Remove the Pak Choi and set aside, then get ready to serve.
- Pop the noodles in the bowl and cover with the hot broth. Top with beansprouts, coriander, spring onions, chilli, soft boiled egg, sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go