Ready and waiting to be dressed.
Creamy Kale Caesar Salad
A different twist on a classic caesar salad, but oh soooo good. I use chopped kale and I mix it with baby gem lettuce, shredded carrot, lots of fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, either store bought or homemade croutons and my homemade garlicky dressing. This is an eggless dressing so it will keep longer in the fridge. I like to use a really good quality dijon mustard.
One of the most important steps is to make sure that the kale is finely chopped. If you decide to make your own croutons, use stale focaccia, sourdough or ciabatta bread. It's so easy to do. Place your bread on a sheet pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and whatever seasoning you prefer on top of the bread, put under the broiler until toasty (careful not to burn) and once cool, cut or tear into small pieces.
This recipe will become your go to salad that you'll make time and time again.
Dressing prepared in the jar for easy storage and my favourite dijon ingredient.
A close-up of the salad pre-dressed.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients into a large jar or bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to blend flavours together. If unable to do so, you can use right away.
- Add the first four salad ingredients into a salad bowl. Top with ½ cup of dressing and start to toss. If more dressing required, add a tablespoon at a time until coated, but not smothered in dressing.
- Add croutons, parmesan and some fresh ground black pepper into the salad bowl and continue mixing thoroughly. Serve immediately.
- Make sure to chop the kale finely.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go