Ready to be refrigerated.
Mushroom & Quinoa Burger
This has become a family favourite recipe which I'm making fairly frequently because it's healthy, delicious and filling. Meatless Monday for our family has become Mushroom & Quinoa Burger Mondays. There are two ideas below for presentation. One idea is to add melted provolone cheese and top with caramelized onions, hummus and present on a bed of greens with radish, red pepper, carrot and avocado. An alternative option, is to use provolone cheese (because it's a mild cheese), roasted red peppers, lettuce and some mayo or your favourite aioli on a brioche bun. This dish can be made completely vegan by using vegan cheese and mayo.
Without a bun on a plate with salad greens, topped with provolone cheese, store bought hummus and caramelized onions.
On a brioche bun and topped with provolone cheese, store bought roasted red peppers, leafy lettuce and your favourite aioli or mayo.
- 8 Pieces
- Prep time: 1 Hours|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 20 Minutes
Instructions For the Burgers
- Rinse the quinoa well in a fine mesh sieve under cold running water. Place in a saucepan with the vegetable broth and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 12 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium low heat and 2 tsp olive oil and add the onions cook until lightly golden. Remove from the pan and place in a large bowl. Increase the heat to medium high and add another 2 tsp of olive oil. When the pan has come to heat add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Add the soya sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the liquid has almost evaporated. Place in the same bowl as the onions and leave to cool.
- Add the cooled quinoa to the bowl along with the onions and mushrooms. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, Dijon and parsley and mix to combine. Test and adjust seasonings with sea salt and pepper as necessary. Add the beat egg and mix until well combined.
- Form the mixture into patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Return the frying pan to a medium heat and add enough olive oil to just coat the bottom of the pan. Place the patties in the frying pan and cook for 7 to 10 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve on a plate with a side of greens or on a bun with your favourite toppings.
- The longer you refrigerate the easier to make a patty that will stay together.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go