When I was younger my granny used to make this dessert called Icebox Cake.It was my favorite.Like stand in the kitchen and watch and sigh and giggle and try to stick my fingers in the whipped cream and wipe the bowl clean kind of favorite.I changed up the ingredients just a little to make it my own.Here's my version of Ice Box Cake in Jar.
Ice Box Cake In a Jar
This dessert is no-bake and so easy to make. Here’s how to make icebox cake in a jar. Make it ahead of time to serve your guests in minutes.
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- 1. In a large metal bowl, mix cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla and continue to mix until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Crush the graham crackers. I put them in plastic bags and used a rolling pin. They were so easy to crush up.
- 3. Add a layer of graham crackers, then whipped cream. Repeat until you fill the entire mason jar making sure the last layer is whipped cream. Top off with a cherry and mini-chocolate chips.
- 4. Chill. This is the most important step. This is the secret to making this recipe even better: Let the mason jar icebox cakes chill in the fridge for 4-6 hours before serving.
- 5. Serve with hot fudge and extra chocolate chips.
- I like to put the metal bowl in the freezer and let it get cold before I used it to mix up the cream.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go