These chocolate chip cookies are just the right mix of crispy outside with an ooey gooey center. They're so good that my friend's children have taken to calling me "Sara Cookie".
The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe You'll Ever Need
I love baking. No, seriously, I LOVE baking. I love tackling complicated recipes with tons of steps. This is not one of those recipes.
A major plus to this recipe is that it's made with oil! No fussing with melting butter or waiting for it to soften. And you can make it all by hand, no need to pull out a heavy mixer.
Check out the recipe below to make your own today!
- 40 Pieces
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Heat oven to 360F/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Cream oil and sugars together until well incorporated.
- Add in egg and egg yolk and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet mixture with a wooden spoon until just incorporated. Don't use a whisk and don't overmix or the cookies will become a bit tough.
- Mix chocolate chips in with a wooden spoon.
- Using a cookie scoop, spoon out the cookie dough onto your prepared baking sheet. They should be placed about 3 inches apart. They won't spread too much, but you don't want them overcrowded.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to five days.
- The recipe calls for 1 cup of chocolate chips but nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life! Pour in an entire bag, you'll thank me later.
- If you're feeling lazy this recipe works well as a giant cookie or as blondies. Adjust baking time to 30 minutes or until they're done to your liking.
- These cookies freeze very well. They won't be quite as soft once defrosted, but they are super delicious straight from the freezer!